Coaching And Volunteering
We Are A Parent-Run Organization. Everyone Has A Role!
Follow the link for 2021-2022 Coaching Education Program Requirements
All requirements must be completed for ALL coaches (head & asst) before they may be added to a team roster except req. #5, which must be completed by Dec 31.
Please send all completed certificates and documentation to email@example.com. PHA will reimburse required coaching-related fees, so please include your receipts!
- Register as a coach/volunteer/team manager with USA Hockey. https://membership.usahockey.com/Cost $51. It takes about 15 minutes online. Registration is good for 1 year.
- Complete the USA Hockey Background Screen Program. https://www.usahockey.com/backgroundscreen Cost $30. It takes about 30 minutes on-line. Good for 2 years.
- Complete the USA Hockey SafeSport Program Training Module. https://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining Free. Must be taken every year. The “SafeSport Core Training,” which takes about 1-2 hours online, must be taken first. After that course is completed, a “SafeSport Refresher Course” is available each subsequent year. The Refresher Course takes 30 minutes or less to complete.
- Complete the USA Hockey Age-Specific Module for the level you are coaching. https://www.usahockey.com/agespecificmodules Cost $10. It takes approximately 6-7 hours on-line. No expiration date.
- Complete the USA Hockey Coaching Education Program for the level you are coaching. https://www.usahockey.com/coachingcertification Cost $60. It takes approximately 6-7 hours, of which 1-2 are on-ice. A coach must enter CEP at level 1 and must continue his education with a coaching clinic every year until he achieves level 3. A coach may attend only one CEP per year. Once level 3 is achieved, a coach can renew level 3 every 2 years for 6 years, then must progress to level 4. Once level 4 is achieved, no further certification is necessary.
- Complete the Ohio Concussion Training Module. https://nfhslearn.com/courses/concussion-in-sports-2 Free. It takes about 30 minutes on-line. Good for 3 years.
- Comply with Ohio Lindsay’s Law about Sudden Cardiac Arrest. https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odh/know-our-programs/Lindsays-Law/Lindsays-LawFree. It takes about 20 minutes, all online. Good for 1 year
- All ice hockey coaches must properly wear an approved ice hockey helmet during all on-ice sessions. USA Hockey Annual Guide Rules & Regulations Section V.A. (pg 144).
VOLUNTEERS-Team Managers And Off-Ice Volunteers
Each person who interacts with players needs to complete #1, 2 and 3 from the list above.