8U - 14U hockey
Our sole focus is on developing each player individually and preparing them for the next level of hockey.
Coaching... We may be biased, but we believe our staff of volunteer coaches are simply the best around.
A 50 year tradition of winning. Last year alone besides 5 strong 8U mite teams, we sent 4 of our 5 upper level teams to the CSHL playoffs and will be adding 3 more banners to the walls this fall.
Value... More ice time = more player development. Our players average 4 touches a week between practices, games, and clinics.
8U - 4 to 8 years old. There are 3 levels within this group.
- Red is for the most advanced hockey players under the age of 8. Red is on the ice typically 3-4 times a week. Games are half ice but towards the end of the year full ice games will be introduced with penalties/offsides/icing/etc being called.
- White is the intermediate level and goalies are introduced. Games are half ice and players are typically on the ice 3-4 times a week,
- Blue is for beginners. Players are typically on the ice 2-3 times a week. Games are played without goalies and are played cross ice.
10U to 14U - ages 10 to 14. There are 3 divsions within these age groups.
- 10U also known as squirt is the first year all games are played full ice and players compete against all other Cleveland area teams in the CSHL for a championship. Players are typically on the ice 3-4 times a week.
- 12U also known as peewee is the first year slaphsots are introduced. Players compete in the CSHL and are on the ice 3-4 times a week.
- 14U also known as bantam is the first year full body contact is introduced. Players compete in the CSHL and and are on the ice 3-4 times a week.
* All players must be registered with USA Hockey to participate at all levels above. The annual registration date for USA hockey begins April 1st. This means if your child is participating in tryouts after April 1st a new USA hockey is required to get on the ice for tryouts.
Practices and home games are held at:
Michael A Ries Rink
5000 Forestwood Drive Parma Ohio 44134
ma Ohio 44134
How Long is the Season?
The 8U season begins around Labor Day with skill evaluation and team placements. The season ends in early March.
10U-14U Games typically start in the middle of September and the league season ends with the playoffs in late February.
Players in this program must purchase the PHA home and away jerseys and socks. This expense is not included in the season's fee.
In addition to hockey skates, full protective equipment is required to play ice hockey. The following is required:
- Helmet (HECC certified)
- Shoulder and Chest Protector
- Elbow Pads
- Hockey Gloves
- Cup or Pelvic Protector
- Shin Pads
- Hockey Socks
- Hockey Pants
- Neck Guard is required by PHA
- Mouth guard (for Peewee and older)
Each team will have to cover expenses such as referee fees for scrimmages and tournament entrance fees. Total amounts vary by team schedule, number of scrimmages and tournaments.
2023/2024 Season Cost
All teams have a $75 non refundable, tryout fee ( $125 if after March 11th) that will not be applied to season fees.
Mite White- $800
Mite Red (2015/2016) - $1000
Squirt (2013/2014) - $1200
Peewee (2011/2012) - $1300
Bantam (2009/20010) - $1400
Payment plans are available
*Fees are reduced by $50 if paid in full at time of team acceptance
*$50 sibling discount to be applied to last payment installmentRegister